ULCC Grading Superintendent
- A commitment to excellence, able to plan, manage, coordinate and execute Company projects in the field.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of mass excavation and finish grading operations (technology, Cat equipment, and methods), soil type and characteristics, irrigated & mechanical pre-wets, building pad overbuilds, retaining wall cutbacks, over-excavation, original ground preparation, and safety.
- Assist in the review of At-Risk Grading Plans, Approved Plans, Scraper Haul Routes and Finish Grade Production.
- Coordinate any design conflict documentation and field fit clarification with the appropriate personnel.
- Provide leadership and guidance to project employees including laborers, grade checkers & operators.
- Ensure work is executed according to contract terms and conditions.
- Conduct weekly safety meeting and prepare daily field status reports.
- Manage the construction site including, daily work progression planning, jobsite organization, jobsite safety and subcontractor management.
- Direct field personnel to achieve a safe completion of the project, on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with plans/specs & regulations.
- Interact effectively with clients, inspectors, project team and other stakeholders to maintain a positive environment and exceptional project experience.
- Must be able to represent Company professionally at all times, and maintain positive relationships with clients, owners, subcontractors, vendors and other employees.
- GED, High School Education or higher.
- 5+ Years of Superintendent/Site Management experience in Mass Excavation, Rough Grade and Finish Grade construction, including a complete understanding of construction documents, means/methods, materials & equipment utilization, productivity, scheduling, productivity analysis and site safety requirements.
- A strong, energetic work ethic to efficiently execute all duties and responsibilities.
- Proven track record of grading/mass excavation project success and project profitability.
- Demonstrated decision making skills in a fast paced, high production environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive client, subcontractor, and supplier relations.
- Detail oriented with ability to supervise up to $10,000,000.
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
- Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
- Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day.
- May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED:
- Valid Driver’s license with clean MVD record.
- Obtain and maintain CPR, First Aid and minimum OSHA 30 Hour certification.
- MSHA & OSHA preferred.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Salary commensurate with relevant experience. Future raises are merit based.
- NO OVERNIGHT or OUT OF TOWN WORK – we are a locally owned and operated contractor in Arizona.
- Company Phone.
- Company Vehicle and Gas Card.
- Bonus program based on project cost savings.
- 100% Paid Employee Medical Coverage after 60-day probationary period.
- Medical Coverage available for spouses and families.
- Company provides additional benefits in the form of an ESOP after qualifications have been satisfied.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks, and Drug Screens.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.