ULCC Mainline Hoe Operator
As a “Mainline Hoe Operator” for Universal Land Construction, our ideal candidate operates our CAT & DEERE excavators in SUB DIVISION trenching operations digging sewer, water & storm drain trenches. Our ideal candidate has experience pulling stacked trench boxes and setting manhole boxes to depths of 30’ +/-. Experience working in a MASS EX operation digging and loading trucks is a bonus. The ideal candidate can read survey grade stakes and find grade by visual reference. We are seeking Mainline Hoe Operators that have experience in Cat and Deere excavators from 85,000lbs up to 180,000lbs. If you’ve never operated a Mainline Hoe for high production deep sewer, water and storm drain trenching operations do not apply for this position.
- Must be able to read & write in English.
- 4 years minimum experience operating EXCAVATORS preferred. Working knowledge of construction equipment required. Must be able to operate excavators with CAT/SAE controls.
Licenses or Certifications Needed:
- Valid Driver’s license.
- GED or High School Diploma minimum.
- Trench Safety, Competent Person or MSHA & OSHA preferred.
- Ability to safely climb to enter and exit equipment by ladder or step with 3 points of contact at all times.
- Willing to work daily Monday thru Friday and have reliable transportation. Most of our work is in Maricopa County.
- Ability to work 5 a.m. thru 5 p.m. and if project requires possibly weekends (sometimes long hours).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and complete employee orientation.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zones, around large machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment; Prospective employees with ambition will be provided the opportunity of ownership in the company once they exemplify alignment with company values of safety, efficiency, integrity, strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Wages start @ $30/Hr and increase with proven experience. Future raises are merit based.
- Bonus program based on project cost savings.
- 100% Paid Employee Medical Coverage after 60-day probationary period.
- Medical Coverage available for spouses and families.
- Company provides additional benefits in the form of an ESOP after qualifications have been satisfied.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks, and Drug Screens.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.