ULCC Motor Grader Operator
As a “Finish Grade Operator” for Universal Land Construction, our ideal candidate operates primarily MOTOR GRADERS in high production Sub-division mass excavation/rough grade and finish grade operations. The ideal candidate has experience clearing & grubbing vegetation, ripping existing ground for pre-wet, rough grading haul roads for scrapers in Sub-division mass excavation operations, grading 2:1 and softer slopes on hillsides or retention basins and finish grading sidewalks, streets and building pads. In addition, our ideal candidate will also have experience with Trimble Grade Control Systems. The ideal candidate knows how to read plans, survey grade stakes, and can find grade by visual reference. We are looking for operators that have experience in Cat M series motor graders.
- Must be able to read & write in English.
- 4 years minimum experience operating GRADERS preferred. Working knowledge of construction equipment required. Must be able to operate CAT M Series motor graders.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED:
- Valid Driver’s license
- GED or High School Diploma minimum
- MSHA & OSHA preferreed
- Ability to safely climb to enter and exit equipment by ladder or step with 3 points of contact at all times.
- Willing to work daily Monday thru Friday and have reliable transportation. Most of our work is in Maricopa County.
- Ability to work 5 a.m. thru 5 p.m. and if project requires possibly weekends (sometimes long hours).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and complete employee orientation.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zones, around large machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment; Prospective employees with ambition will be provided the opportunity of ownership in the company once they exemplify alignment with company values of safety, efficiency, integrity, strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Starting wage $30/hour for experienced & qualified operators. Future raises are merit based.
- Bonus program based on project cost savings.
- 100% Paid Employee Medical Coverage after 90 day probationary period.
- Medical Coverage available for spouses and families.
- We provide additional benefits in the form of an ESOP after qualifications have been satisfied.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks, and Drug Screens.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.